|ECONET TELECOM LESOTHO PARTNERS WITH WORLREMIT THROUGH ECOCASH
Econet Telecom Lesotho has partnered with WorldRemit which is a digital money transfer company that enables migrants and expats to easily send money to family and friends in more than 100 receive countries. With this service, people will be able to send money from other countries to Lesotho where an EcoCash subscriber will receive the money in their wallet. Initially; the service will be open to people living in the United Kingdom (UK) and in United State of America (USA) with many more countries coming on board soon.
The service is very secure, affordable, convenient and is easy to use. The money is transferred online, thus it can be sent at one’s convenience at any time of the day. In addition, the EcoCash subscriber receives the money instantly in the wallet and incurs no costs for receiving it. There is no registration required with WorldRemit, hence everyone can send money to Lesotho.
Econet Telecom is proud to introduce this service that will benefit Basotho in these countries who need to send money home but often incur exorbitant costs to transfer money.
The person in UK or USA sending money will follow these simple steps:
1. To initiate the transfer, visit https://www.worldremit.com/ or download the WorldRemit app from the app store: iOSAndroid
2. Select Mobile Money Transfer as the medium
3. Select the amount to send to a person in Lesotho
4. Use their bank account, debit or credit card to transfer the funds
5. Money is instantly routed to your EcoCash wallet in Lesotho
6. An immediate confirmation message is sent to both the sender and receiver
The person receiving money in Lesotho must be a registered EcoCash subscriber. Once the money is in an EcoCash wallet, the subscriber will be able to do normal EcoCash transactions at their convenience. This is a first for Mobile Money in Lesotho.
Proudly brought to you by EcoCash!